Monday, August 07, 2006

It turns out that I can edit this blog ok in China, I just can't look at it. I am not exactly sure what I have said to offend the Chinese sensors, but whatever it is I am well and truly barred. :)

Tibet is now recent history for me, and as I sit in this crowded, humid, smoky internet cafe in Xian slowly sweating onto the keyboard, the wide open spaces and cold clean air of the Tibetan plateau seem even more appealing in retrospect than they did while I was there.

It has been a while since I have posted anything here other than photos. For all the infrastructure improvements that the Chinese have made in Tibet the comms links are unreliable as hell and access speeds are slow. This adds up to making internet access on the plateau a major headache to the extent that I pretty much gave up on it. Now in China proper, and on my second visit to Xian I have a couple of days to catch up so, deep breath, and here we go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home