Sunday, March 12, 2006

And so it begins...

The sights and smells that assault you as you first set foot in a foreign city are one thing, but it is not until you experience the white-knuckle ride from the airport to the hotel accompanied by a screaming symphony of angry car horns that you really know you have arrived. I don't think we are in Kansas any more Toto!

Istanbul has been exciting so far. Having managed to narrowly avoid being sold a carpet against my will I spent my first evening in the company of said carpet seller at a rather good fish restaurant and watching a display of traditional dance of various kinds.

I suspect the experience cost more than it should have, but hell it's only day 1. I was bound to fall for something. Time to wise up though. Today I will mostly be visiting mosques.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home